Memorial Baptist Church was built in 1925 through a merger of English and Welsh Baptist congregations. A Gothic stone architecture was chosen due to its ageless beauty and worshipful qualities. Beautiful oak woodwork throughout and large stained-glass windows depicting the Baptism of Jesus, and Jesus with the Children, accentuate the beauty of the edifice. Both the 1936 and 1977 floods damaged the church, however God's dedicated members brought the church through such difficult times.
AN INSIDER'S LOOK A warm, friendly, accepting atmosphere (Come Just as YOU are) Programs and activities for every level of life Christ exalting singing Practical teaching and preaching from the Word of God for everyday life
Interim Pastor- Pastor Carl Irwin is serving as our Interim Pastor while we continue in the search process for a permanent pastor.
Pianoist- Glenda Irwin
Church Accountant and Financial Office of the Church Mr. Robert (Bob) J. Weimann has served the church since 2012. We are honored to have this hard working man in our church serving the Lord with us here at Memorial Baptist .
Custodial John Pennington does a wonderful job keeping our beautiful building clean.
Worship Leader, Mrs. Jayna Mood: Jayna does a tremendous job giving direction to our music program at Memorial Baptist Church.
Sunday School Superintendent, Shelley Albertson: Shelley is a graduate of Alderson-Broadus College where she majored in religion and of Colgate Rochester Divinity School (M.Div.) where she focused on Christian Education. She loves working with our children and teaching them about Jesus.
Youth Director: Jayna Mood is presently overseeing our youth ministry here at Memorial Baptist. ACTIVITIES:
Children: Sunday School, Children's Sermon, Children's Church and Preschool/ Kindergarten Church, Christmas Program, VBS Adults: Sunday School, Boards, Committees, Activities All-Church: Fellowship Meals, Christmas & Easter Services, Church Picnic, Happy Birthday Jesus Party
Our Beliefs Memorial Baptist Church may be generally regarded as conservative evangelical, and our convictions fall in line with traditional Baptist beliefs. Our beliefs are as follows:
1. We affirm that the Bible is the inspired, authoritative, and infallible word of God, and is our standard and guide for faith and practice.
2. We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each having precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary, and that He is true God and true man and is the only and sufficient mediator between God and Man.
4. We believe Jesus lived a sinless life, died, and rose from the grave three days later. He ascended to the right hand of His Father. He will personally and visibly come back to the world, and He will judge all people.
5. We affirm that human beings are created in the image of God, but through Adam’s fall are now sinful, lost, and stand condemned. By deliberate choice, all participate in sin, which is open rebellion to God’s law. However, in spite of the Fall, all human life through Creation has value and dignity.
6. We believe God’s design for human sexuality is for men and women to be joined in heterosexual monogamous marriage or remain in a single, celibate state. Any other expression of physical sexuality is not compatible with the Scripture.
7. We believe that Jesus’ death was an atoning sacrifice for our sin and that we are saved only by God’s grace through faith in Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
8. The Church has two ordinances: Baptism and Communion. Baptism, the outward sign of the inward cleansing through Jesus Christ, is the immersion (unless physically unable) of a believer in water in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; Communion is a commemoration of the Lord’s death until He comes again.
Our Mission The purpose of Memorial Baptist is the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the administration of the ordinances of the New Testament, the spiritual growth of its members, and the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world.